Bring Your Solid Work Ethic and Join Us at Tone Software
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Tone Software. Tone is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, or veteran status.
Product Support Engineer I
Employment Type: Full-time, Immediate Opening, Product Support Engineer for a software development company.
Position Summary: Tone Software seeks a Product Support Engineer, Level 1 to serve as a primary support liaison between the company and our customers located both in the U.S. and internationally. You will have the opportunity to work with senior Engineers and the Development team to diagnose and address customer issues related to utilizing Tone’s software products. You will also perform Quality Assurance testing for software product releases and enhancements.
This position is located at our Anaheim, CA office. Bring your solid work ethic and team spirit and join us at Tone Software.
Position Duties and Requirements:
- Provide technical support to both domestic and international customers for Tone’s products via telephone, email, and the web.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to gather accurate situational descriptions, collect documentation for issue diagnosis, and deliver recommended solutions and fixes.
- Be an advocate for the customer, including providing follow-up communications to the customer, troubleshooting reported problems, testing solutions or work-around measures to ensure the product is functioning as expected, and initiating case follow-up with customer.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly in CRM system and related knowledge base records.
- Gather requirements for product enhancement ideas and document product specifications.
- Develop instructional documents on new and existing product capabilities and functions.
- Plan and conduct product training for customers and internal staff.
- Plan, organize, and manage both customer and internal projects.
- As needed, participate in the software quality assurance process to validate, document and report functional and usability issues in product releases and enhancements.
- Perform additional tasks and projects as directed by management.
Required Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills – must be a “people person”
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver the best solutions to our customers
- Unix and Windows platform savvy, with the ability to diagnose software application issues
- UNIX or Linux system administration coursework or experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or extensive related work experience
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply
Ideal Candidate Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Ruby or shell scripting
- Experience working in the telecommunication industry diagnosing VOIP related issues
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Full Time Benefits:
As a Product Support Engineer Level 1 for Tone Software, you will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, a comprehensive health benefits package, a 401k plan with company matching, paid time off, a fully stocked kitchen, and a challenging and fun work environment.
About Tone Software: Based in Anaheim, CA, TONE Software is a successful software company with a proven track record spanning 40+ years of technology development, sales, and solution deployment in worldwide Fortune 1000 Companies. Find out more about Tone and our software solutions at www.tonesoft.com
Teamwork is our trademark. Innovative business solutions with stellar customer service is our mission!